To provide managerial leadership and strategic direction to the team that reviews and monitors risk measurement models throughout the prudential regulated industries and provide expertise focused on support in quantitative analysis to other divisions that promote the soundness of financial institutions and contributes to financial stability.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
• To provide managerial leadership, strategic direction and thought leadership in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Market Risk Division’s operational plan aligned to the overall Prudential Authority (PA) strategy.
• To provide input into the supervisory plan based on a cyclical/risk-based approach.
• To develop work plans and business plans based on the supervisory plan and the strategy of the division and department.
• To provide thought leadership to the Risk Support and frontline supervision staff on the review and monitoring of risk measurement models used by financial institutions.
• To monitor and analyse risk measurement models throughout the industry, including the analysis of data and conducting of thematic reviews.
• To provide support to the Policy Division by interpreting and consulting on Regulations or providing input in terms of development of prudential standards, directives, guidance notes and circulars regarding risk measurement models.
• To improve the risk principles, processes and methods relating to risk measurement models.
• To engage with stakeholders in order to report aggregated quantitative and qualitative information to key stakeholders; and provide support to the PA through representation on international committees as required.
• To monitor and evaluate gaps, inefficiencies, quality issues, and implement improvements.
• To manage the performance and development of direct reports, provide technical guidance and support, promote and support career management and development.
• To ensure that risks of the division are identified, assessed and that adequate and effective risk-mitigating measures are implemented.
• To ensure that governance processes are functional, and manage information and knowledge systems.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
• A minimum of Postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science OR equivalent.
• Between 10 to 12 years of experience in model development and/or model validation in the banking OR insurance sector, with at least five (5) years in a managerial role.
• General management
• Financial and banking products
• Relevant current and future regulations relating to financial institutions
• Risk measurement models and systems
Job-related skills and attributes:
• Problem solving and analysis
• Planning and organising
• Verbal and written communication
• Financial and business acumen
• Attention to detail
All applicants are required to enclose a covering letter stating why they are applying for the role and the value that they think they can add to the position.